Rubber mats are used in homes, workplaces and cars. They are corrosion resistant as well as they resist against the slips providing a firm grip to walk on. If you are planning to use these rubber mats on most of the places in your home then it could be costly for you. With the help of molding rubber you can easily create many rubber mats. This method is simple and you feel easy to make it.
Instructions For Mold Rubber Floor Mats
- Take a large piece of Plexiglas or plastic and put a mat on it leaving three inches on all sides. Put hot glue on it.
- Take a box of ¼ boards and assemble it around the mat. An empty space of 1 inch should be left. Using hot glue get the box together.
- Get the box attached to the plastic using hot glue.
- Check all the joints of the box.
- Let the glue to cool.
- Take the petroleum jelly and with a brush apply it to the plastic surface, mat and the box from inner side.
- Take fine grain gypsum like hydrocal and ultracal 30 and mix it with water. Follow the instructions given on the pack to mix it well. This is not so expensive so mix it more than you need.
- Pour this mixed material on the box up to 1 inch thickness.
- Using the rubber mallet tap the sides to dislodge the air bubbles.
- Allow it to settle and after heating and cooling it exothermically it would be ready. Heating and cooling may take two hours.
- Remove the box and take out the rubber mat. You have the mold prepared, pour liquid rubber into it so that you can make more copies.